I’m traveling today, but that doesn’t mean I’ll abandon the blog. Today we’ll just have some fun. Here’s a list I compiled of some movie quotes where characters are introducing themselves (mostly.) Some of them aren’t exactly introductions, but whatever.
How many can you identify? Okay, some are pretty obvious. The movie title is in a couple of them. I have no idea what inspired this.
- “No. I am your father.”
- “I’m Batman.”
- “Hello. My name’s Forrest, Forrest Gump. You want a chocolate?”
- “It is I, Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon, from the castle of Camelot. King of the Britons, defeater of the Saxons, Sovereign of all England!”
- “Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”
- “I have an M.D. from Harvard, I am board certified in cardio-thoracic medicine and trauma surgery, I have been awarded citations from seven different medical boards in New England, and I am never, ever sick at sea. So I ask you; when someone goes into that chapel and they fall on their knees and they pray to God that their wife doesn’t miscarry or that their daughter doesn’t bleed to death or that their mother doesn’t suffer acute neural trama from postoperative shock, who do you think they’re praying to? Now, go ahead and read your Bible, Dennis, and you go to your church, and, with any luck, you might win the annual raffle, but if you’re looking for God, he was in operating room number two on November 17, and he doesn’t like to be second guessed. You ask me if I have a God complex. Let me tell you something: I am God.”
- “I am serious, and don’t call me Shirley.”
- “Well, my name is Jim. But, most people call me . . . Jim.”
- “Charles De Mar!” (hint: he’s been going to this high school for seven and a half years)
- “Negative, I am a meat popsicle.”
- “You no trouble. Me fifth element–supreme being. Me protect you.”
- “Leeloo Dallas mul-ti-pass.”
- “That’s right, I’m Abe Froman.” (hint: The Sausage King of Chicago)
- “Me order! Me Master! Me run Bartertown!”
- “I’m Winston Wolfe. I solve problems.”
- “What am I? A schmuck on wheels?”
- “The name’s Bond… James Bond”
- “My name is Kobayashi. I work for Keyser Soze.”
- ” …listen to me, Marvin Nash, I’m a cop.”
- “I’m Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, your senior drill instructor, from now on you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and the last word out of your filthy sewers will be “Sir”. Do you maggots understand that?”
Answers on Monday.